[ZODB-Dev] _PyImport_FixupExtension: module ZODB.TimeStamp not loaded

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Mon, 07 Oct 2002 12:49:45 -0400

> > Does it also do this with Python 2.1.3?  I've tested with 2.1.3, 2.2
> > and 2.3, and I didn't see this.
>
> You were right. It's a problem only with 2.1.1. Now what?

It's in the Zope trunk, so it'll only affect Zope 2.7, which will
require Python 2.2.1 (unless ChrisW manages to change Jim's mind :-).

It's also in the ZODB3 trunk, so we'll have to mention this in the
ZODB3 README.txt (which currently says 2.1 works though it recomments
2.1.3).

> Well, you can release-note the change or hack in a workaround. I don't
> care myself, but maybe some other users of ZODB don't want to upgrade
> Python?

There are no technical reasons why someone could not upgrade their
Python 2.1.1 installation to Python 2.1.3.  I'll fix the release
notes.