[ZODB-Dev] [ zodb-Bugs-621942 ] Python 2.2.2b1 + ZODB 1.0 Error - WinXP

noreply@sourceforge.net noreply@sourceforge.net
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 09:10:32 -0700

Bugs item #621942, was opened at 2002-10-11 15:44
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=115628&aid=621942&group_id=15628

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Python 2.2.2b1 with "StandAlone ZODB 1.0" (latest
release) works on Solaris. (I suspect on most Unixes)

I downloaded Python 2.2.2b1 and built ZODB with
MSVC 7.0 on Windows XP Pro.

The tests ran fine for a while, and I got some errors in
lock_file.py (file is possibly locked by another process).

After a few such messages the test.py process hung.

Later, I tried the StorageServer.py. Worked on Solaris
2.8 (gcc 3.0.4).
Failed on Windows with the lock_file error above.

I commented out the "raise" in the file, then the process
started up. When I tried using the ZODB.ClientStorage,
the client process hung.

ZODB does not work at all with Python 2.2.1
(unpatched) - get a crash, but that's probably to the
ExtensionClass bug.

Thanks for producing these amazing tools such as
Python, ZODB etc. I don't use Perl anymore.