[ZODB-Dev] ZODB 3.1

Tim Peters tim@zope.com
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 20:15:39 -0500

[Jon Greene]
> Not sure if this is a bug or something on my end -

It could be both <wink>.

> Just downloaded and built ZODB 3.1 under Linux and get a seg fault when
> attempting to run the test script.

> >python
> Python 2.2.1 (#1, Oct  4 2002, 20:39:08)

Please download 2.2.2 (released about a week ago) and try again.  A
supremely relevant bugfix was the primary reason for releasing 2.2.2, and I
bet it will fix this problem for you (it has to do with the relationship
between Zope's C-level ExtensionClass mechanism and Python 2.2's "new style
classes" -- and you really don't want to know more than that).