[ZODB-Dev] George Bailey'd objects cause failure in FileStorage._loadBack

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@zope.com (Jeremy Hylton)
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 08:49:47 -0500

  ML> Ok, the variable 'b' just got 'uncreated', or George Bailey'd as
  ML> Barry called it. (BTW, is that an established term, or something
  ML> Barry invented now? I always had a soft spot for old James
  ML> Stewart movies... :)

You'd be surprised how many established terms were invented by Barry.
I shouldn't repeat the saltier ones on a friendly list, but surely
you know him from such catch phrases as "Elvis has left the building."

  ML> As soon as I do an attribute access, I get the error below.
  ML> b._p_deactivate() is just silent though.

  ML> (This is ZODB3 from CVS Sept 20.)

  ML> <A instance at 0193C720>
  ML> Traceback (most recent call last):
  ML>    File "<interactive input>", line 1, in ?  File
  ML>    "G:\Python22\Lib\site-packages\ZODB\Connection.py", line 522,
  ML>    in
  ML> setstate
  ML>      p, serial = self._storage.load(oid, self._version)
  ML>    File "G:\Python22\Lib\site-packages\ZODB\FileStorage.py",
  ML>    line 619, in load
  ML>      return self._load(oid, version, self._index, self._file)
  ML>    File "G:\Python22\Lib\site-packages\ZODB\FileStorage.py",
  ML>    line 605, in _load
  ML>      return _loadBack(file, oid, pnv)
  ML>    File "G:\Python22\Lib\site-packages\ZODB\FileStorage.py",
  ML>    line 2098, in
  ML> _loadBack
  ML>      doid, serial, prev, tloc, vlen, plen =
  ML>      unpack(">8s8s8s8sH8s", h)
  ML> error: unpack str size does not match format

This is a bug.  Would you mind submitting a SF bug report?
http://sourceforge.net/projects/zodb

Jeremy