[ZODB-Dev] George Bailey'd objects cause failure in FileStorage._loadBack

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 10:53:36 -0500

    ML> Ok, the variable 'b' just got 'uncreated', or George Bailey'd
    ML> as Barry called it. (BTW, is that an established term, or
    ML> something Barry invented now? I always had a soft spot for old
    ML> James Stewart movies... :)

Me too!  C'mon, I know that when Zuzu gives her famous quote at the
end of the movie, all y'all hardened geeks just ball like a baby. :)

    ML> As soon as I do an attribute access, I get the error below.
    ML> b._p_deactivate() is just silent though.

FWIW, Berkeley Full storage (bdb-nolocks branch) gives a KeyError when
this script is run.

-------------------- snip snip --------------------
Root {'to be unborn': <MyTest instance at 820e2c8>}
george <MyTest instance at 820e2c8>
george.value Bailey
[{'description': '',
  'id': '\x03H\x88\xd5\xbe\xed\x1bf',
  'time': 1036079384.748328,
  'user_name': ''},
 {'description': 'initial database creation',
  'id': '\x03H\x88\xd5\xbe\xe4~\x08',
  'time': 1036079384.740441,
  'user_name': ''}]
=03H=88=D5=BE=ED=1Bf
Root {}
george <MyTest instance at 820e2c8>
george.value
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "george.py", line 35, in ?
    print "george.value", george.value
  File "lib.linux-i686-2.2/ZODB/Connection.py", line 522, in setstate
  File "lib.linux-i686-2.2/bsddb3Storage/Full.py", line 602, in load
KeyError: Object does not exist

That's what I'd expect from trying to load a GBO. :)

-Barry