[ZODB-Dev] zodb4: adding an object before transaction commit

John Belmonte jvb at prairienet.org
Mon Oct 6 11:52:31 EDT 2003

Steve Alexander wrote:
> I want to do some things with the oids of persistent objects, such as
> use them as keys in a BTree.
>
> The thing is that an object doesn't get an oid until it is added to the
> database, and a transaction is committed.

Hello,

I'm wondering if your need can be addressed by the "ID generator" patch
posted by Roché Compaan (see
http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zodb-dev/2003-August/005690.html).  I
think it is a more general solution.

I would like to see some form of Roché's idea put into ZODB proper, and
would be willing to help with the maintenance, documentation, and testing.

-John

--
http:// if   le.o  /