[ZODB-Dev] zodb4: adding an object before transaction commit

John Belmonte jvb at prairienet.org
Mon Oct 6 13:05:14 EDT 2003

Christian Reis wrote:
> That's an alternative -- and it's useful for other things, too. Maybe
> Jeremy could offer a comment on how/if this can be worked into the
> repository -- I'd volunteer to vouch and do the nudging as necessary.

Naively looking at the patch, one way I thought it might be improved is
to support blocks of ID's all the way down to the lowest level.  In the
current patch, at the lowest level, BaseStorage, where the locking is
done, ID's are only handed out one at a time.  In other words, there is
a lock operation happening per ID.  It seems to me you could just as
well hand out n ID's per lock.

-John

--
http:// if   le.o  /