[ZODB-Dev] Data.fs without content but 1.8GB diskspace

Tim Peters tim at zope.com
Tue Oct 7 13:47:20 EDT 2003

[Harald Koschinski
>> Both questions are very very important for me, because I am on the
>> way to build big (Terabytes) ZODB's using bsdstorage.

[Jeremy Hylton]
> Neat.  Does BerkeleyDB support terabyte-size databases?

Sleepcat says they do, although "it varies":

    http://www.sleepycat.com/docs/ref/am_misc/dbsizes.html

Harald, you're going to be a pioneer here:  we haven't tested ZODB with a
terabyte BerkeleyDB (or a terabyte anything else).  It "ought to" work, but
new things have a way of failing for unanticipated reasons -- keep your eyes
open.