[ZODB-Dev] How much objects go into a ZODB.B+-Tree?

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sun Oct 19 12:32:45 EDT 2003

Simon Pamies wrote at 2003-10-15 01:59 +0200:
 > if I want to manage some 100.000s objects using the ZODB.BTree,
 > after how much objects should I use more than one BTree?

You should use the newer "BTrees" package.

With this, you need not to worry about the size of the tree as the
tree nodes are automatically split when the become too large.

Thus, you do not need to manage several trees unless you have
good application specific criteria to sort content into the different
trees.

Dieter