[ZODB-Dev] CorruptedTransactionError

Jacob Holm jh at headnet-group.dk
Thu Oct 23 09:43:59 EDT 2003

I have a 1Gb Data.fs file which causes a startup exception in zope.

The exception is:

CorruptedTransactionError:
/home/zopeuser/Zope-2.6.2-linux2-x86/var/Data.fs data record exceeds
transaction record at 301503806

Trying "fsrecover.py -p" i get a large number of errors (2831 lines of
output). The *distinct* error messages were (in order of appearance):

error copying transaction: global name 'file' is not defined
error reading txn header: invalid transaction length, 0, at 357705994
error copying transaction: [Errno 22] Invalid argument
error reading txn header: bad transaction length at 360690823
error reading txn header: invalid status, '\x00', at 365004212
error reading txn header: invalid status, '\x92', at 479426980

The Data.fs I get as result is fine, except that it is ~290Mb smaller,
and is missing some important updates. (Running without "-p" is even worse).

Is there anything else I can try to recover more of the original file?

--
Med venlig hilsen / Kind regards

Jacob Holm