[ZODB-Dev] Object Insert/Delete Question

John Lyde johnplydebda at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 24 12:56:34 EDT 2003

Hi,

I'm using ZODB 3.2b2.

For descendents of Persistence.Persistent, is there
anyway for an object to know when it is initially
inserted into ZODB? Ideally I'd like the object to run
some code when I call get_transaction().commit(). And
conversly, is there anyway to know when my object is
deleted from ZODB after a commit?

I can do this outside of my object, but think it would
be cleaner if I could have my objects clean up their
external referneces when the are inserted and deleted
from ZODB.

Thanks,

John