[ZODB-Dev] RE: [Zope] Analyzing ZODB objects

Gfeller Martin Martin.Gfeller at comit.ch
Mon Oct 27 12:15:38 EST 2003

I have similar needs as Bjorn, and would love to have *some* way to
ask Python about the "biggest" in-memory objects it knows about and
about the size of any object.

I just happens that some of these objects might be objects in
ZODB's caches, but this is intrinsically a Python issue,
not a ZODB issue.

I agree with Dieter that memory is cheap, but there is a 32bit
address limit with this Python running on the OS I use.
Moreover, CPUs are fast, and nevertheless, profilers are useful.

Best regards,
Martin