[ZODB-Dev] new-style class status

Jeremy Hylton jeremy at zope.com
Wed Oct 29 16:42:14 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 16:38, John Belmonte wrote:
> I wrote:
> > I'd like to know what the status of the zodb33-devel-branch is, and to
> > get some idea when a new-style class implementation will at least be
> > hobbling well enough for us mortals to use it.
>
>  From Jeremy's web log:
> > The 3.3 release sounds like it will be a big step forward. It will
> > support new-style classes, like ZODB4, but will be backwards
> > compatible with existing Zope and ZODB applications. It will also
> > support multi-version concurrency control.
>
> Has it been decided that new-style classes will be in 3.3?

Yes.  I think the plan is that the primary focus of ZODB 3.3 and Zope
2.8 will be new-style ExtensionClass and Persistent.  It will also
include MVCC.  The hope is that we'll get it done as quickly as
possible, as opposed to the more open-ended release cycle that we've had
for the last few releases.

I'm not sure that this is the final plan, but I think Brian said he
supported it.

Jeremy