[ZODB-Dev] Backing up a ZODB

Tim Peters tim at zope.com
Wed Oct 29 17:51:40 EST 2003

[Tim]
>> That's not *quite* true,

[Chris Withers]
> Oh? How so?

See my reply to Neil.

>> and because of it plain copying is vulnerable to
>> screwing up the last transaction in the database.

> This isn't such a huge risk, from my p.o.v....

Compared to no risk, I expect most people would judge it differently,
especially those making incremental backups (where "the last transaction" is
different each time you run one).

>> In the most recent releases of ZODB 3.1 and 3.2, the repozo.py script
>> can be used to make backups (incremental or full -- your choice)
>> safely.

> How does it do it then?

You must have gotten one of the ZODB releases without source code -- feel
free to grab a new one without charge <wink>.