[ZODB-Dev] Which Python or ZODB to use for Zope 2.6.2

Jeremy Hylton jeremy at zope.com
Wed Jan 7 21:40:35 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 18:16, Karl Kopper wrote:
> Zope Docs say:
>
>    ZOPE 2.6.2 REQUIRES PYTHON 2.1.X!
>
>    Note: Using Python 2.2 is not recommended and not supported.

The release says that, but most Zope Corp. projects use Python 2.2 or
Python 2.3.  I don't think there's a good reason to avoid a more modern
Python.

> ZODB 3.3.2 Docs say:
>
>     Note: ZODB3 3.2 final requires Python 2.2.3 or later
>
> How do I get ZEO clent/server setup with stable Zope 2.6.2 ?

One possibility is to use ZODB 3.2 + Zope 2.6 + Python 2.2 or higher.
Another possibility is to use the Zope 2.7 beta, though I don't have any
idea how stable it is.  (It seems like it ought to be stable given how
many beta releases there have been.)

Jeremy