[ZODB-Dev] can't connect to daemoned ZEO server in 3.3a2

John Belmonte john at neggie.net
Thu Jan 8 20:20:38 EST 2004

Chris McDonough wrote:
> Who owns the socket file when you start it this way?  root?  Or the web
> server user?

I run the ZEO server as the user that owns the database data, which is
neither root nor the web server.  I put the web server user in a group
which I intended to have write access to the ZEO server, but zdaemon is
thwarting that with a call to os.umask(022).

Is it likely that the zdaemon maintainer would accept a patch to add a
umask option?  Maybe a group option would be useful also.

-John

--
http:// if  ile.o g/