[ZODB-Dev] Our sad experience with filestorage

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Jan 16 14:31:25 EST 2004

panjunyong wrote at 2004-1-16 14:15 +0800:
>1. packing will cause PoskeyError!
>Sometimes we found we should use a non-zero day parameter to avoid this
>and sometimes we should use 0 day when pack.

Jeremy and Tim found a bug yesterday.

It is triggered when a subsequent pack packs to a time before
the pack time of an earlier pack.

This can easily happen when you use different day parameters.

Jeremy will soon fix this bug.

>2. size of ZODB will double when add some documents.
>the zodb jumped to about 3G when we added some document today

This indicates that something is severely wrong with your
application (not FileStorage).

--
Dieter