[ZODB-Dev] Re: [Zope-Checkins] CVS:ZODB3/ZODB/FileStorage -fspack.py:1.3

Tim Peters tim at zope.com
Tue Jan 20 14:46:28 EST 2004

[Toby Dickenson]
>>> If we want to leave FileStorage raising an exception in this case,
>>> perhaps DB.pack could catch and swallow a RedundantPackError?

[Tim Peters]
>> How about you and Chris Withers work up a patch that makes you happy
>> and leaves his existing code working correctly?

[Chris Withers]
> I'm scared to ask this, but what branch of what in what CVS
> repository should we be looking to patch against and where are
> the test cases we need to alter?

I'm really just trying to get you and Toby to agree on a compromise both can
live with.  I don't want to swallow exceptions, but I really don't have time
to argue about it now.

If change is limited to ZODB 3.3, then Zope HEAD is the only branch of
interest (so via current checkout of Zope, or of just the ZODB3 module).  If
it is indeed a backward compatible change, then no test should need to be
changed.  A new test verifying new behavior should be added.  I'm sure
Jeremy or I would be happy to add one, provided we get to skip the debate
<wink>.