[ZODB-Dev] Is anyone *actually* using ZODB versions?

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Jan 27 12:52:24 EST 2004

ZODB has a feature to support long-running transactions,
called "versions". This feature is no longer used by us (Zope Corp)
and adds substantially to the complexity of the code.  I'd like
to plan to remove it from base ZODB.  I know that some think
that this feature is conceivably useful. I'd like to know, however,
if anyone is *actually* using this feature.  I don't want to keep
such an expensive feature if it is only conceivable useful.

(Note that I am confident that if we ever found we really needed this,
  that the feature could be added back in a more modular fashion using
  storage adapters.)

Does anyone want to claim that they are using and are dependent on
this albatross^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hfeature? :)

Jim