[ZODB-Dev] Re: Database Corruption.

Jeremy Hylton jeremy at alum.mit.edu
Thu Jul 1 08:26:14 EDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-30 at 20:26, Ramon Aseniero wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> No I don't truncate the data.fs at a random time and size.
>
> I only time I truncate it is when the database gets corrupted and the
> site crashes, but I followed this instructions
> http://www.zope.org/Members/itamar/CorruptedZODB for truncating the
> data.fs
>
> Below are more log messages from event.log

It may be helpful to use a low-level utility like fsdump to dump the
entire database and look for patterns there.  One rare but recurring
corruption problem is a big chunk of null bytes getting dropped into the
middle of a data.fs.  That shows up in a very obvious way in the fsdump
output.  The output will also show the dates and classes involved in
transactions, which may provide clues about partially corrupted ones.

Jeremy

PS Did you mention which version of ZODB you are using?