[ZODB-Dev] FileStorage pragmatics

Tim Peters tim at zope.com
Fri Jul 9 14:52:03 EDT 2004

Because FileStorage is so widely used, and so many things about it are easy
to explain but difficult to find out, I've been writing up FileStorage info
that should be useful to many.  For example, what does fstest.py actually
test, and what's a battle-tested way to make FileStorage backups?  This is
work in progress, but there's enough now that you may already learn
something from it:

     http://zope.org/Wikis/ZODB/FileStorageBackup

Please feel encouraged to make corrections, add more info, write new
sections, etc.  My hope for the ZODBTopics part of the ZODB Wiki was always
that ZODB users would write more than I did, but so far you're losing, tens
of thousands of bytes to none -- honest, you won't be bitten if you share
what you've learned <wink>.