[ZODB-Dev] About ZEO client cache

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Jul 9 13:54:51 EDT 2004

Hector Sanchez SanMartin wrote at 2004-7-2 12:47 +0200:
> ... ZEO client cache has not effect ...
>I missing something? Any clue? Can someone think in a way I could find
>out why is not working as I expect?

Is your cache large enough?

Activate logging and look into your log file.
The ZODB will tell you when it flips the cache halves.
When it does this too often, your cache is not large enough.

Putting a TCP-Logger (like Shane's "tcpwatch") between
the ZEO client and ZEO server may allow you to analyse
the client/server communication. This may allow you to
prove that the cache hit rate determination is wrong.

--
Dieter