[ZODB-Dev] Real ZODB troubles

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Jul 9 13:48:26 EDT 2004

Eugene wrote at 2004-7-2 13:58 +0400:
>Some time ago I met serious troubles with zodb.
>Attepmt to stop and start zop server failed. I run it from the
>console: loading stopped with traceback like:
>
>ZODB.POSException.ConflictError: database conflict error
>(oid 0000000000000001, serial was 035588c40d2b9299, now
>0000000000000000).

The key to this error is the senseless value for "now".
A "now" with all "0" means a new object but a new object
cannot cause a conflict (it does not have a "serial").

Probably something in your system assigns arbitrary "_p_oid"
values or corrupts memory (and overwrites "_p_serial").
In both cases you could see errors like shown above.

--
Dieter