[ZODB-Dev] Getting rid of ZODB versions (was Re: [ZWeb] Are Versions evil?)

Jeremy Hylton jhylton at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 17:24:08 EDT 2004

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 17:12:32 -0400, Jim Fulton <jim at zope.com> wrote:
> Well, I'm sorry about that, but sometimes, the subject matter crosses
> multiple lists.
>
> Perhaps we'll need to change the policy to hold messages from non
> subscribers, rather than rejecting them out of hand.
>
> Hm, I wonder how hard it would be to make mailman consider
> subscribers to all lists on a system when considering non-
> subscriberness.

Either of those options would create a more pleasant user experience.
The latter makes a lot of sense, but I don't think MM has any global
notion of a user.

Another problem with the current policy, aside from the annoying
bounces that I get, is that people reading the discussion in one of
the lists will miss posts written by subscribers to the other lists.
While the subject may apply to multiple lists, it's not useful to
cross-post unless all the replies go to all the lists or they're
explicitly redirected to a single list.

Jeremy