[ZODB-Dev] BTreeFolder2 causes "RuntimeError: Shouldn't load state for"?

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Jul 19 03:32:28 EDT 2004

Hi Shane (and anyone on zodb-dev :-),

Have you ever seen BTreeFolder2 be responsible for an error like this?

    - <PythonScript at /myscript used for /myfolder/myobject>
    - Line 4
   Module Products.BTreeFolder2.BTreeFolder2, line 347, in objectValues
   Module Products.BTreeFolder2.BTreeFolder2, line 336, in objectIds
   Module ZODB.Connection, line 506, in setstate
RuntimeError: Shouldn't load state for '\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x11F@' when the
connection is closed

Line 4 of myscript is:
objects = aBtreeFolder2.objectValues('Something File Like')

The only other reference to this kind of error that I can find is:

http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2003-January/130292.html

...but Dieter hints at that being a problem with LDAPUserFolder, although Jens
seems to be denying that. I notice that BTreeFolder2 is also present in the
traceback, though not the same parts of it that I'm experiencing...

FWIW, this happens when the server is being hammered by wget. I can get to the
URL where this problem occurs just fine under normal circumstances...

What, specifically, results in a "Shouldn't load state for" error?

This is using:
-Zope 2.6.1 (yes, I know, trying to get customers to upgrade is fun ;-)
-BTreeFolder2 1.0

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk