[ZODB-Dev] New ZODB and mount point in runtime

Eriksson John joers at wmdata.com
Mon Jul 26 04:16:18 EDT 2004

Hi,

I have a few questions regarding ZODB.

Background:

1.	We are building a site for project management using Zope 2.7.
2.	New projects can be added in runtime.
3.	Each project has several objects. Today they are stored in the main zodb file (Data.fs)
4.	We need to be able to backup each project separately.

Questions:

1.	Is it possible to create new zodb-files and set up new mount-points (for zope) programmatically in runtime (without modifying the zope.conf file and restart)?
2.	If you have separate zodb-files with different mount-points, can objects in one zodb contain references to an object in another db?
3.	Is there another, better solution to this problem (preferably without to much rewrite)?

Best Regards

/John Eriksson

WM-data Consulting - Sweden - Umeå