[ZODB-Dev] checkbtrees question.

Syver Enstad syver at inout.no
Thu Jul 29 03:23:43 EDT 2004

"Tim Peters" <tim at zope.com> writes:

> You would find out more the same way I do:  stare at the code <wink/sigh>.
> 16864 is the number of distinct oids in your database.  16321 appears to be
> the number of distinct objects the code actually found via the peculiar way
> it traverses the database.  So there are a few hundred objects in the
> database it didn't look at.  I'm not sure how to characterize which those
> may be; for example, if an object isn't reachable from the root object
> anymore, this code definitely won't find it.  Being more precise than that
> would require reverse-engineering the code with more care than I have time
> for now.

Ok, thanks for looking into it Tim.

> In any case, if checkbtrees ever finds a damaged BTree, it will be obvious
> from the output.  I don't know why the author thought the "total/found"
> summary line was interesting.

Good to know. I am really glad that the total/found line isn't a
problem, because the database is really simple just a int to object
Btree with simple objects that has no links to other objects (other
than built in types) and I couldn't understand what could be a problem
with it.