[ZODB-Dev] FYI, fsrecover.py is broken on current zope HEAD...

Tim Peters tim at zope.com
Sun May 2 22:29:11 EDT 2004

[Paul Winkler]
> Should I file a collector issue for this?
> In the past I've tended to only file collector issues for released
> versions, and report issues in CVS via mailing lists, but maybe
> the collector is better for both?

Foresight is the best guide <wink>:  if you post an issue to a mailing list,
and it's acted upon immediately, then you save yourself a little time and
aggravation.  OTOH, if you post an issue to a mailing list, and it's not
resolved at once, chances are good it will get lost.  A mailing list isn't a
tracker:  it's hard to search, it can't record current status, it's used for
many things besides issue reports, and info about any given topic gets
sprayed across any number of disconnected messages over time.

So bugs-- and patches --really belong in a Collector.  Open an issue in the
Zope Collector with Topic Database and it won't get lost.

All that said, I hoped to get to this specific issue over the weekend -- but
reality didn't cooperate.  Had things been a little different, posting your
report here would have worked.