[ZODB-Dev] Maximum pool size considered harmful

Jeremy Hylton jeremy at alum.mit.edu
Fri May 14 03:30:37 EDT 2004

One thing I don't understand about the proposal is why the DB keeps weak
references to the connections.  A connection is explicitly opened and
closed.  A weakref is usually used to avoid keeping resources alive
unnecessarily, but the DB can simply drop its (strong) reference to excess
connections when they are closed.  Is the proposal intending to make the
close() call optional?  I can't tell why that would be.

Jeremy