[ZODB-Dev] conflict resolution for PersistentList

Diez B. Roggisch d.roggisch at ehotel.de
Fri May 21 07:22:41 EDT 2004

Hi,

after finding that my ConflictError was suppressed by a bad designed exception
handler, I now want to implement a _p_resolveConflict method.

I implemented it, but can't work with the passed state. It looks like this:

>>> print oldState
{'items': PR(1079757676 ('\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x02', <class
'persistent.list.PersistentList'>)), 'name': 'father'}

I want to iterate over the items-lists and merge them properly. However, I
can't access the items as list - its not iterable. The examples I found on
the net only deal witht simple integer data fields. What do I have to do to
access the state as real objects? Is there a deserialization neccessary?

Regards,

Diez