[ZODB-Dev] FW: Max Data.fs File Size on Windows 2000

Tim Peters tim at zope.com
Wed May 26 08:48:32 EDT 2004

[Sajan Varghese]
>> I feel now it should take more than 2 GB Limit.

[Chris Withers]
> So get M$ to make a file system for Windows that supports files greater
> than 2GB is size.

Even FAT32 (Win98) supports 4GB files.  NTFS supports files of (at least) 2
terabytes.  Sajan, it depends on which filesystem you're using.  You should
be using NTFS, in which case you can have single files at least 1000x larger
than 2GB.  Python 2.3 fully supports giant files on Windows too, and ZODB
inherits that support.