[ZODB-Dev] [Proposal] Size controlled ZODB cache

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Jun 3 17:15:15 EDT 2005

Tino Wildenhain wrote at 2005-6-3 22:48 +0200:
>Would be nice to optionally have the posibility to define
>finer grained cache policy (e.g. reserve 80% of cache
>mem to objects <5k and 20% for all the others - or something
>the like - much like altq does for ip-traffic shaping).
>
>E.g. some clean hooks to cache store management and cache
>policy management.

Hooks sound nice but they have some problems:

  *  they make it much more difficult to use efficient data structures
     and algorithms

  *  they require much more work for the modification.

I am interested to keep very near to the current efficient
"cPickleCache" implementation -- both to keep the result
efficient and to keep the workload for me low.

I am happy if someone else presses ahead and comes
with some very flexible and reasonably efficient implementation.

--
Dieter