[ZODB-Dev] ZEO RUNSVR terminated by SIGTERM

fRANz andrea.francesconi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 03:16:45 EDT 2005

On 6/13/05, Dieter Maurer <dieter at handshake.de> wrote:

Dieter,
thank you for your reply.

> Maybe your operating system?

CentOS? I'm looking for something in /etc/crontab and  /etc/cron.* but
there isn't nothing about SIGHUP, logrotate & co...

> "*nix" sends "SIGHUP" to processes when their control terminal
> is closed.

yep

> A process usually inherits the control terminal from its creating
> process, often an interactive login session. In this case,
> the control terminal is closed when the login session is terminated.

As I describe, ZEO runs at startup as deamon; I don't think that
problem is login session...

> The selection of log entries above suggests such a problem.
> Someone is going home at about 18:30 and logs out....

Nothing in /var/log/messages, the only interesting data is present in
/myZopeDir/log/zeo.log