[ZODB-Dev] Tracking down a freeze (deadlock?)

Tim Peters tim at zope.com
Mon Mar 7 11:40:02 EST 2005

[Tim Peters]
>> I'm not sure which docs you have in mind, but I'm sure that indeed none
>> of them say this.  If we decide to disallow __del__, I'm equally unsure
>> of where to document it so that people would see it.

[Dieter Maurer]
> I have read the "ZODB3.{pdf,html}" documentation on "zope.org" and
> Andrew's ZODB tutorial.
>
> I think both of them should get a warning: do not use "__del__".

As I mentioned to Jeremy in my last email here, the online HTML version of
that guide already has such a warning.  This is the one linked to from the
ZODB home page:

    http://www.zope.org/Wikis/ZODB/FrontPage/guide/index.html

I don't know of any other copy on zope.org (so may not know what you mean by
"ZODB3.{pdf,html} documentation on zope.org").

Andrew's tutorial (Andrew hasn't had anything to do with it for a few years
now, BTW) lives in the ZODB repository, as LaTeX source.  The PDF version we
ship in ZODB releases is generated from the LaTeX source.  The HTML version
(linked to above) is also generated from the LaTeX source.

Patches to the docs are also welcome.