[ZODB-Dev] help with logging

Tim Peters tim at zope.com
Sun Mar 13 21:33:53 EST 2005

[John Belmonte]
> My guess is that the log setting in the ZEO config file only affects the
> ZEO server context, while ZEO clients are left without a default handler.

Ah, I'm sure that's right!  Good catch.

I can't make time now.  If I could, I'd stare at what test.py does.  Fred
created a log.ini file, which test.py uses, to control logging behavior when
running the ZODB test suite.  If you want to experiment, look for
configure_logging() in test.py.  What it does looks very simple.  OTOH, the
structure of logging config files has always baffled me.

If you were to claim that it sucks that we don't have user-level docs for
configuring ZODB/ZEO logging, I probably wouldn't argue.