[ZODB-Dev] ZODB blob support.

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Tue Mar 22 18:30:04 EST 2005

Hi,

Actually, in my experience this isn't the case. BLOBs in our (gocept)
requirements most times represent PDFs, Excel, Word ... whatever files.
They actually most times meet the sweet spot of this implementation at
about 100k-20MB.

And they almost never get changed in small parts. The files, when
exchanged, differ in large areas. Therefor this isn't that bad in our
case. Do you think of any common case where BLOBs are changed bytewise?

Am Dienstag, den 22.03.2005, 10:44 -0500 schrieb Jeremy Hylton:
> If modifying small chunks of a large blob is a common operation, I
> suppose you would want to stick with the current Pdata scheme.  In
> general, ZODB's design encourages you to organize an object using
> composition of multiple persistent objects when you want to have
> fine-grained control over update rates, caching, &c.  This sounds like
> another instance of that principle.

Cheers,
Christian

--
gocept gmbh & co. kg - schalaunische str. 6 - 06366 koethen - germany
www.gocept.com - ct at gocept.com - phone +49 3496 30 99 112 -