[ZODB-Dev] Re: POSKeyError

Tim Peters tim at zope.com
Wed Mar 30 08:39:58 EST 2005

[Bob Horvath]
>> I know my Data.fs is getting huge because I am afraid to make matters
>> worse by packing it.

[Dieter Maurer]
> The last packing bug was some time in the past. With current Zope
> versions, there is no known packing bug.

It's not that packing introduces new problems, it's that packing isn't an
error recovery procedure:  if the POSKeyErrors persist after the pack, then
packing will have destroyed some amount of original evidence forever,
potentially making it that much harder for someone to figure out how to
repair the POSKeyErrors.

>> It has helped me understand the problem, but not yet solve it.

> Were are you now?
>
> What did you try and what was the result?

Those remain darned good questions <wink>.