[ZODB-Dev] Re: Ordering before commit hooks

Florent Guillaume fg at nuxeo.com
Thu Sep 1 10:28:33 EDT 2005

Julien Anguenot wrote:
> It won't change the fact that the ZODB hooks can't be controlled at
> registration time if they are registred by different layers of the
> architecture. (not all necessarly based on Zope which could provides the
> hook manager (or whatever) ok maybe ...)

If the different subsystems use Zope, the an enhanced ordering API can be
put inside Zope.

If the different subsystem using ZODB don't all use Zope, then surely they
are independent enough that the ordering doesn't matter. Otherwise it means
that these subsystem need a common ground to arbitrate hook ordering, which
should go in a new common subsystem just above ZODB.

For all our cases, I think Zope will suffice.

Florent

+33 1 40 33 71 59   http://nuxeo.com   fg at nuxeo.com