[ZODB-Dev] Ordering before commit hooks

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Sep 1 14:34:11 EDT 2005

Sidnei da Silva wrote at 2005-8-31 23:42 -0300:
>I would instead fire 'before' and 'after' events for each of those
>systems, and a system that wants to explicitly run after/before
>another system would do so as a subscriber to the explicit event
>fired.

But the "systems" do not know about one another...

Only the integrator knows what "systems" are in its application.

All a single system can say: I want some callbacks
registered -- in the following partial order (among my callbacks).

There may be ordering restrictions with the callbacks of
other (unknown) "systems". That depends on what my and the other callback do.

--
Dieter