[ZODB-Dev] Problems when Conflict Resolution import code that try to open client storage

Paolo Linux paolo at linux.netline.it
Wed Sep 21 05:23:52 EDT 2005

Hi all,
	as a zodb newbie I had a hard debugging session...

I had zodb hanging when It had to solve Conflict situations.
It turned out to be that it tried to import some modules that
tried to instantiate ClientStorage...

I easily fixed the hurting code...
Lesson learned:

- never automatically register in db objects via __init__
   (or access to zodb, more generally)

- instantiate ClientStorage only when required...

Just a small suggestion. Is there any way to catch this problem
and issue a specific Execption rather that letting zeo hanging?

	Ciao
	Pao