[ZODB-Dev] afterCommitHook

Victor Safronovich vsafronovich at naumen.ru
Mon Sep 26 02:17:48 EDT 2005

Hello Chris Withers,

CW> Why not just use MaildropHost?
  1. Because it is *nix only, it use os.fork(), using Thread.setDaemon(1) is more friendly for me.
  2. Because it takes all his options from Config file, not Zodb objects.
  3. Because there is imposible to  import  mainloop from
        Products.MaildropHost.maildrop.maildrop, because
        Products.MaildropHost.maildrop is not package.
  4. Because  "mainloop"  is  the huge function, MainLoop class with small methods is more
  friendly for me, to subclassing from it.

  But MaildropHost is a wonderful product, and thanks to its author.

  This topic is not a zodb-dev problem and should be moved to zope-dev.
--
Best regards,
 Victor Safronovich