[ZODB-Dev] Implementing Storage Decorators

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Fri May 4 14:40:55 EDT 2007

On May 4, 2007, at 2:33 PM, Dieter Maurer wrote:

> Jim Fulton wrote at 2007-5-2 11:52 -0400:
>> I think I still rather like explicit, but I'm on the fence about
>> which approach is best.  What do other people think?
>
>> From your description, I would use a subclassing (and forget about
> proxy and copying).

That would be a nightmare, on multiple levels:

- All of the separate implementations would become tightly coupled,
which is what happens with inheritance.

- Either someone would have to create classes for the various
permutations of features, or consumers would have to mix and match
multiple classes to get what they want and sort out the variate
internal implementation incompatibilities.

Jim

CTO 				(540) 361-1714			http://www.python.org