[ZODB-Dev] ZEO client poll times

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Fri May 11 15:38:24 EDT 2007

When a ZEO Client is disconnected from a ZEO server, it will try to
reconnect and keep trying until it reconnects or is closed.  It waits
between attempts.  The waiting period starts at 5 seconds and
increases to 5 minutes by default.  These times are configurable
using the min-disconnect-poll and max-disconnect-poll ZConfig options
or with the min_disconnect_poll and max_disconnect_poll constructor
arguments.  Since most people don't change these defaults, most
people's clients take too long to reconnect.  I'd like to change
these defaults to something much smaller.  I'm thinking 1 and 6 seconds.
Anybody have any objections to this change?

Jim

CTO 				(540) 361-1714			http://www.python.org