[ZODB-Dev] what could cause this kind of cache corruption?

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Sun Aug 3 04:03:06 EDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-08-01 at 09:21 -0400, Jim Fulton wrote:
> On Jul 31, 2008, at 1:53 PM, Chris Withers wrote:
> > What I'd *really* like is a stable zodb release with Christian's
> > patches for zeoraid and Shane's patches for RelStorage that then
> > feeds through into a stable release of Zope 2.
>

> I'm not familiar with Christians patches. If they are bug fixes, they
> could make it into 3.8.  I plan to include Shane's patches in 3.9. I'm
> not sure when there will be a stable release of 3.9.

My patches aren't bug fixes and the plan was never to include them to
ZODB 3.8.

However, I was hoping for inclusion of at least the
`storage-iterator-branch` in 3.9 and I asked a few times over the past
months already for review but haven't gotten any responses at all so
far. This branch has been used in production for a few month already.

In addition there's the `bushy-directory` branch which introduces a new
blob directory structure to avoid scalability issues with filesystems
like ext2/3 that only accept limited numbers of entries in a directory.
This branch is being used in production but needs a little which should
happen in the next days. (The packing is reported to block.)

At last there's a small `ctheune-betterimport` branch which fixes ZEXP
import for weakref objects and has been sitting around for almost a year
now too.

Christian