[ZODB-Dev] Re: ZODB Benchmarks

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Tue Feb 5 13:17:20 EST 2008

Roché Compaan wrote at 2008-2-4 20:54 +0200:
>I don't follow? There are 20000 insertions and there are 1338046 calls
>to persistent_id. Doesn't this suggest that there are 66 objects
>persisted per insertion? This seems way to high?

Jim told you that "persistent_id" is called for each object and not
only persistent objects.

An OOBucket contains up to 30 key value pairs, each of which
are subjected to a call to "persistent_id". In each of your pairs,
there is an additional persistent object. This means, you
should expect 3 calls to "persistent_id" for each pair in an "OOBucket".

--
Dieter