[ZODB-Dev] RelStorage 1.0 beta

Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Fri Feb 22 05:13:36 EST 2008

I am pleased to announce the beta release of RelStorage 1.0!  RelStorage
is a storage implementation for ZODB that stores pickles in a relational
database.

Features in this release:

   * Full support for PostgreSQL 8.1+, Oracle 10g, and MySQL 5.0+.

   * Supports whole-database migration to and from FileStorage,
     including all history.

   * A number of optimizations have been implemented, making
     RelStorage performance comparable to that of FileStorage.

   * There is now a poll-interval option, which reduces the frequency
     of database polls and helps the database scale better for
     read-intensive loads.

   * There is now a pack-gc option, which makes it possible to
     retain at least one revision of every object during packing.

Please help test right away so that we can make a solid 1.0 release.

Get it here:

   http://www.zope.org/Members/shane/RelStorage

For more information:

   http://wiki.zope.org/ZODB/RelStorage         (wiki)