[ZODB-Dev] Making ZODB / ZEO faster

Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Fri Dec 4 15:41:35 EST 2009

Jim Fulton wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 3:07 PM, Shane Hathaway <shane at hathawaymix.org> wrote:
>> http://shane.willowrise.com/archives/relstorage-1-4-0b1-and-zodbshootout/
>
> I won't take the time now to analyze the new test, although I will ask
> a couple of questions:
>
> First, in your results, you show cold, warm and hot numbers. Do these
> correspond to my cold, hot and steamin numbers?

zodbshootout still produces steamin numbers, but I didn't include them
on the web page because they would dominate the chart.  I added the
"warm" test after your speedtest modifications.  My cold, hot, and
steamin numbers correspond with your cold, hot, and steamin numbers.
The steamin numbers are about the same for RelStorage and ZEO.  See this
page for a chart that includes steamin numbers:

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/zodbshootout#interpreting-the-results

> Second, does the test still write and then read roughly the same
> amount of data as before?

That is a command line option.  The chart on the web page shows reading
and writing 1000 small persistent objects per transaction, and the
object count is corrected now.  (OTOH, someone could claim the object
count is off by one for some of the tests, and if that turns out
significant, I can correct that.)

Shane