[ZODB-Dev] Data.fs size grows non-stop

Pedro Ferreira jose.pedro.ferreira at cern.ch
Thu Dec 10 04:06:08 EST 2009

Jim Fulton wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 10:54 AM, Pedro Ferreira
> <jose.pedro.ferreira at cern.ch> wrote:
>
>> Well, at least we won't have to rewrite the whole bucket... but still, it
>> would be much nicer to fragment the list
>> in smaller chunks. We could use an OOBTree instead... but something less
>> complex would suffice... any suggestions?
>>

> It's hard for people to suggest something without knowing your usage pattern.
> Do you want something that is effectively a set?
The situation is simple: we have events (objects) that have to be
indexed by date. We currently use an OOBTree with the days as keys and
lists of objects as values. The objective is to avoid rewriting these
lists each time something changes, since we can have tens of thousands
of events in the same day. Some kind of btree-based list or set would
work, I guess.
> Is integer indexing important?

Well, it's an index of dates, so, I guess we could use integers as keys
instead of strings, as we are now.

Thanks,

Pedro