[ZODB-Dev] Understanding the ZODB cache-size option

Jeff Shell jeff at bottlerocket.net
Mon Mar 22 14:05:38 EDT 2010

Are there any metrics about how to set the ZODB 'cache-size' (or cache-size-bytes) option? We've been using '5000' (arbitrarily chosen) for our Zope 3.4-ish app servers. We have access to zc.z3monitor which can output the "number of objects in the object caches (combined)" and "number of non-ghost objects in the object caches (combined)".

But I don't know understand how to interpret those numbers and use them to make better settings.

Thanks,
Jeff Shell
jeff at bottlerocket.net