[ZODB-Dev] RelStorage: Memcache clients throws errors on commit now and then

Anton Stonor anton at headnet.dk
Tue Sep 14 06:25:07 EDT 2010

Hi there,

Before debugging this deeper I was hoping someone might already have an idea
why this is happening:

We're running Plone 4 with RelStorage, Mysql and two Memcached instances.
We're now seeing random exceptions from the memcache client package on
commit, such as:

Module Zope2.App.startup, line 291, in commit
Module transaction._manager, line 93, in commit
Module transaction._transaction, line 322, in commit
Module transaction._transaction, line 424, in _commitResources
Module ZODB.Connection, line 785, in tpc_finish
  Module relstorage.storage, line 825, in tpc_finish
  Module relstorage.storage, line 845, in _finish
  Module relstorage.cache, line 311, in after_tpc_finish
  Module relstorage.cache, line 258, in send_queue
  Module memcache, line 643, in set_multi
TypeError: 'int' object is unsubscriptable

I happens what appears to be randomly on content creation, file upload,
indexing, but not in a consistent way. Does this ring a bell -- Shane?

/Anton